Sunday, November 4, 2012

I remember signing and dancing and joking. I remember days when I could leave my house. I remember being comfortable enough to make physical contact with someone. I remember feeling okay to hug someone, to hold a hand, to give a little smooch.
I remember being called. I remember my house only being the place where I slept. I remember standing in front of people with steady hands.
I remember being able to make friends with anyone.

Now i'm just nervous, I have panic attacks when I see words like "hang out". My personal space has more control over me then any drug I've taken. I stay mostly to my house. I have a little "nook" in my bedroom, filled with books. I watch five, maybe six episodes of crimanal minds a day. I watched the first season of wilfred in one sitting. The Star Wars saga is watched bi-weekly. I go days without phone calls or text messages. When someone asks me "Hey Gene, want to do something?" I spit out the first thing that comes to my head: oh, y'know.
Confused, they'll say "no, i don't." realizing what I've said I retort something like: oh, I'm not feeling well tonight, but thank you for the offer.
I ignore phone calls; it's easy for people to tell that you're lying when they can hear your voice.

10 comments:

  1. There is something about the way you write that I really like.

    "I ignore phone calls; it's easy for people to tell that you're lying when they can hear your voice."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now i'm just nervous, I have panic attacks when I see words like "hang out".

    We seem so alike and I love that. Can so relate to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought I was the only one who was like this. P.S. I quoted you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ignore phone calls; it's easy for people to tell that you're lying when they can hear your voice.

    Stealing this. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the first season of Wilfed in one sitting also. #addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I remember being able to make friends with anyone." Love this line. Erica has a similar line "I remember when friends were easy to make." How true is this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My personal space has more control over me then any drug I've taken.

    This is an awesome line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember standing in front of people with steady hands. loved this. unreal post. And ps i love your blog and all the cool pictures you put with it

    ReplyDelete